1. Isenheim Altarpiece: How does the Isenheim Altarpiece address liturgy, personal devotion, God’s medicine, and social alterity?
2. Women and witchcraft: Discuss images of women and witchcraft, and what the messages were. Phrased another way: Explain the iconography of the images of witches produced in German speaking countries at this time, their context, their purposes, and how they are rooted in anxiety and a fear of animals and nature.
3. Regard how did they build on anxiety? Discuss specific examples from the book.
4. The Beautiful Maria of Regensburg: what roles did politics and economics play into the cult phenomenon of the Beautiful Maria? How did art in various media and architecture factor in?
5. How did artists at this time make use of typologies, and how did it support their various theological goals?
6. How did art serve Protestantism? How was art refashioned?