Chapter 14 Immune System
1. Which type of immune system is designed to attack any and all invaders that should enter the body?
2. What designates an invader as a pathogen?
3. List the blood cells of the innate immune system that are categorized as granulocytes.
4. Describe the effects of histamine released by the Mast cells upon entrance of a pathogen.
5. What cell type calls the granulocytes into action?
6. How do the granulocytes destroy the invading pathogen?
7. Which granulocyte is capable of releasing histamines?
8. _______________ are cells of the blood associated with invading antigens that are allergen or parasites.
9. Name the cell type of the innate immune system that kills cells infected with viruses and cancer cells.
10. Which type of cell produced antibodies?
11. Describe the function of antibodies.
12. True or False. Secondary immune responses triggered by the memory cells is much faster and activates many more cells than the primary immune response.
13. Name the cell type of the adaptive immune system that stimulates the other cells of the adaptive immune system.
14. What is the difference between Natural killer cells and cytotoxic T cells?
15. Name the cell type that is responsible for shutting down the immune response.