Final Project: Part III, Pathogens and Health
Unit 9: End of Term Project — Final Project: Part III, Pathogens and Health
Unit outcomes addressed in this assignment:
- Discuss standard methods used in the field of microbiology
- Explain the importance of plasmids in bacterial genetics and in genetic engineering
- Explain Human/microbe relationships
- Analyze virulence factors of pathogens including public health importance
Course outcomes assessed with this assignment:
HS320-4: Discuss the principles of microbial genetics in health science.
HS320-5: Analyze the role of microbes in human disease and public health.
GEL 1.02: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
- Write an essay that analyzes “The role of any chosen pathogen in human health and disease and public health”
- Using the knowledge you have gained throughout this course, your final paper must include the following:
- Appropriate microscopic, cultivation and non-cultivation methods for the chosen pathogen
- Importance of plasmids in bacterial genetics and in genetic engineering
- Human / microbe relationships
- Analysis of the virulence factors of microorganisms (include public health importance)
- Prevention and treatments strategies
- Essay should be a minimum of 1000 words.
- The paper you submit must be your own work.
- The viewpoint and purpose of this Assignment should be clearly established and sustained.
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- Follow APA style format, including Times New Roman 12 point font and double spacing.
- Include a minimum of five references, one of which should be your textbook. All internet sources must be original articles or government resources. Wikipedia or other non-peer reviewed resources are not acceptable.
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Use APA style for all citations.
- Here is the link for APA Style Central