Self-concept and self-esteem are generally established early in life, but are modified through social roles, interactions, and life experiences. After reviewing chapters three, four and instructor guidance and related articles. For this week’s assignment, you will write a paper that fully discusses the following components: Each component should be addressed in separate paragraphs, with APA appropriate headings.
- Discuss some experiences of the later years that may negatively influence an older person’s self-concept and self-esteem.
- Discuss what might by ways to boost older persons’ self-concept and self-esteem.
- Describe the elements of “successful aging.” How would you advise a baby boomer in the best ways to prepare for a successful old age?
- Identify modes of ageism within American society, provide examples.
- Conclusion: (wrap up content of paper, summarize findings)
Hooyman, Nancy, Kawamoto, Kevin, Kiyak, Asuman. (2015).
Aging Matters: An Introduction to Social Gerontology (1st ed.). Retrieved from
https://vitalsource.com/ UGA Gerontology. (2010, November 5).
AGING101: Pt 2 Physical Health Normal Aging (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTDhtdP10cI&feature=youtu.be