You have laid the groundwork for your Final Project, and this is the week when you move from a thesis sentence and topic outline to a full first draft. Keep in mind the importance of the introduction, body, and conclusion. Remember the prose models you have been reading and how those writers have used topic sentences, supporting details, structure, and transition to put together cohesive essays.
By Day 7
Write and submit the full rough draft for a persuasive essay that will become the Final Project for this course based on your case study selection. Remember that you are moving away from a personal reflection on the case study to an academic essay loosely based on the case study. This means you should write the essay in third person and remove all personal pronouns, such as “I, me, me, we, us.” Be sure to provide attribution, using APA formatting, for any outside sources used. Remember, this is an argumentative research paper, so you need to utilize outside sources to support your argument. The paper should follow these guidelines:
- be 5 full pages in length, excluding the title page and References page
- be written in the third person
- cite a minimum of 4 outside source materials that support your thesis
- use proper APA formatting
You will submit your rough draft to the Assignment submission link, as well as the Peer Review Forum. You can find a link to the Peer Review Forum in the Assessments area.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK4Assgn2+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Basic Integrated Reading/Writing Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 4 Assignment 2 link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK4Assgn2+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.